1. Healing. The bruises are fading, and the cuts and scrapes are, too. I am still sore, but it's livable now. Mostly.
2. House. I don't want to talk about it. The bathroom STILL isn't ready to tile. I have junk piled EVERYWHERE (and except for the boxes, it isn't mine.)
3. Sewing. Finished the new cushions for the breakfast area (they were yellow with cherries and olive ruffles; they are now blue with white lattice pattern and burgundy ruffles.) - they fit the room much better. I'm eyeing the windows now - I have 8 yards of the blue fabric; not sure it's enough. I'm thinking - I want new curtains, but am thinking I might need more fabric.
I cut and sewed a muslin of the bodice of Sew Over It's "Vintage Shirtdress". I cut a straight 16 out of some green and yellow fabric (I really shouldn't wear that fabric - it's NOT flattering!). I am on the fence. It....seems to fit, but I'm not sure if I like it. Might be that fabric....right now, it's sitting on Kat. I have a Cashmerette "Harrison" shirtdress kit that I might switch to....we'll see. The Harrison has no collar, while the Vintage does.....decisions, decisions.
4. House, part 2. I have some old iron skillets that I never use (glass cooktops + cast iron =/= good idea). I've been wanting to display them for years; when I put the bookcase over in the breakfast area I thought I could use the wall above it (that bookcase is all cookbooks. It makes sense!) Yesterday, Himself had an idea of how to do it - run a decorative board down the wall, and hang the (heavy) skillets from that. So. I now have a board on the wall, held by 1 screw. :bangs head: This WILL be finished this week - Himself has offered to take over.
5. Pesach begins tonight! I have de-leavened the house, and cleaned what I can. It'll have to do.
Think that's it for now. Hag Samech Pesach!
This entry was originally posted at http://fiberaddict.dreamwidth.org/894786.h