1. Down to 4 goats, now. Sold 4 of the bucklings! That's good! I don't have photos....that's bad. Ah, well - they are going to (supposedly) end up at Freezer camp, so.......:shrug:
2. Making cheese. Again. Today, it's Wensleydale. Sunday it was Swiss. And Friday it was Chèvre. I have plenty of cheese...and more milk to use. :sigh: Tomorrow looks like soap. Maybe.
3. Yesterday was a quick visit to FIL. :sigh: He's just not doing well. On the way home, we ran into an old friend :waves: Love when that happens!
4. Himself finally settled on History and Science for next year. Psychology and...for the moment, we are studying the Great Tactical Minds of History. He read "The Art of War" and is fascinated by it, so - that's where we're going. Since he's technically already met all of Texas' requirements, we can do whatever this year. I don't want to graduate him a year early, so....:shrug: We are finishing up 1 Samuel now; we'll be started 2 Samuel in a few weeks, and that will carry us to the end of this next school year. Language Arts is word origins, Math is still Calculus (LOVE Khan Academy! He's 40% done - once he's done, he'll go on to whatever is next per them.) Once the History course is over, we'll be doing the History of Japan - he thinks it'll be neat to see how an isolated culture developed. I'm actually looking forward to this year!
5. There is no 5.
6. The pods are gone (have I mentioned that yet?) and we need to get a dumpster out.
7. The solar panels are working, but - the pool pump draws most of the power they produce. So, we've cut down it's use to 4 hours/day, to see if that'll make a difference. (I TOLD SG to not pull it off the Studio, but he didn't listen. Ah, well.....)
Think that's it for now....
This entry was originally posted at http://fiberaddict.dreamwidth.org/902812.h