1. They got *all* the walls insulated and re-drywalled yesterday. (They stayed until 8:15 last night, too - I sweetened the pot by buying them dinner. Hey, a few bucks spent at Sonic to ensure they stayed past 5? Worth every penny!)(And, this is how I got my house built. Bribery. I started bringing fresh, home-baked treats 3 or 4 days a week, and - lo and behold! - the builders started showing up every day. Box mixes are cheap, and it worked. I have no regrets.) Skeeter said they'd be here at 12:00 today (what happened to 9????) and that the walls would be ready to paint by the time he leaves (textured). The plan is that I will paint first thing in the morning - IF Skeeter keeps his word. Sunday, we'll clean the floor, and maybe be able to stain it. If so, then Monday afternoon/Tuesday morning we can start moving my stuff in. :fingers crossed:
2. Rugs. The new ones we bought? Will be used in the family room. The lovely craftsman-type rug will go under my loom. After looking at it, it makes more sense - the new rugs are more "traditional" (sort of oriental-floral-y) and work better in a more "formal" setting (not that MY house will EVER be considered formal, but you know what I mean.) I found a runner to match the craftsman-style rug, so that will go under my wheels; I just need to find a smaller area rug for the sewing area.
3. Shakespeare. Last week, I went hunting for our Shakespeare movies...and realized that I only had 1. The rest were all VHS...and I don't have a VCR any more. So, yesterday I hit eBay. Found 8 new DVDs for us...for relatively cheap. We'll be able to do our Shakespeare study soon - which is good. Both kids have grown up with the Bard - they were quoting "Taming of the Shrew" in Pre-K :lol: - so this will be a pretty painless subject.
4. TorahClass finally released Exodus! I downloaded it, but haven't looked at it yet. Since we still haven't started Genesis, it's not a big deal...but at least we have it. (I really need to just go ahead and start. Waiting on SG is...well, it's not going to happen. So.....:sigh:)
5. Have I mentioned how thankful I am for eBay lately? It's a great way to get stuff cheap.....which we need. VERY grateful for that!
This entry was originally posted at http://fiberaddict.dreamwidth.org/670573.html. Please comment there using OpenID.