First up, the "Water" socks - I finally finished them!
This is a "closeup" of the patterning. It's "Ribbed Lace" from the Sensational Socks" book. The yarn is handspun Romney spun from a roving dyed by redemelde. I *loved* working with this roving, and knitting up the resulting yarn. It was knit on 64 stitches on size 1 DPNs. The socks are cushy, comfy, and fit great!
Here's a view of one of them on a blocker, to open up the patterning.
Now, for my current
It was hard to get the colors right - the bright yellow/orange/red combo overpowered my camera. This is close on the roving...but my tub surround is really white.
Here's what it looks like in singles form:
I split the roving in the middle, and spun each half by itself. I managed to fit 2 oz on the bobbin...when I plied it up, I only had about 6" left on one storage bobbin. Not too bad!
Here's a closeup of the resulting 2-ply - it's not the best picture; again, the colors overpowered my little camera:
I'm currently in the middle of the 2nd pattern repeat on sock #1. I am *loving* how this is working up - it's just like I wanted! Now I need to decide if I want to continue the flame pattern on the heel flap, or if I want a regular (eye of partridge, probably) heel. decisions, decisions....