Log in

No account? Create an account

And we have


Previous Entry And we have May. 25th, 2007 @ 08:43 am Next Entry
2 fillies. Moonie popped this morning about 5. The problem? She is refusing to let the baby nurse. She hasn't hurt it - yet - but...I don't have a good feeling about this. (My mother is out there now waiting on the vet, so I've been getting up-to-the-minute updates).

The baby *looks* healthy; she was a wee bit unsteady at 5:30, but moving easily. She was alert...just very hungry. Mom hasn't been able to catch either one....hopefully my vet will be more successful. :sigh: She's chestnut also, with....some (hey - it was 5:30 AM. I had a flashlight and was trying to ID a moving target)white socks and a blaze. (Sound familiar? hmmmmmmmmm) *IF* things brighten up, I'll have pictures...:fingers crossed:

Best case: Moonie accepts foal.

2nd best: MAGIC accepts foal, and nurses 2 (with some supplementation)

3rd best: *I* bottle feed foal (no, please - I *need* my sleep! :grin:)

Worst case: Foal dies from either maternal action or starvation. (No, please!!)

:sigh: At least I know my vet's truck payment will be made this month :grin:

Vet is due out at 9:30.........:watches clock impatiently:
Current Location: Office
Current Mood: worriedworried
spin a yarn
Top of Page Powered by LiveJournal.com