I may have found my new loom. 48" Swedish countermarch, 8H. Very solid, according to the seller. It's in CA, though, but I have terrific friends who have said they will help. Hopefully, I can get a friend of a friend to go check it out for me and give me their opinion. I'm checking into moving companies and freight companies to try and figure out how to get it down here. Fun stuff!
During this process, I called Alden and Steph. He's ready to get my swift out of his shop, so it may be landing here soon. Yippee! I can't wait - I have a lot of projects on hold because I don't have a swift to help me unwind the skeins. He didn't want to discuss my wheel - guess it's not ready yet. *sigh* I can be patient....I can be patient. Really. I can.
Anyway, neither Alden nor Steph were familier with the seller, but Alden knew of the loom's builder. Both of them said it sounded like a good deal, but Alden was adament I need to have someone knowledgable look at it. So, here we sit.
If it's the right loom, there's no problem and I'll be able to get it down here. If not, well......I'll find the right one when the time is right. That's how I got my current loom. It's a good one, very solid, great workhorse, but it's only a 4H. I have shaft envy - I want 8H! Don't need an 8H, but I want one.
We found out today that yes, there will be bonuses. Yes, it'll be enough to pay my taxes with some left over. More than enough for this loom. Plus shipping. Plus a little set back for next year's taxes. So, now we wait.
Isn't waiting fun?