The soap smells *fantastic*. This go-round, I did mostly cream soaps....we only had 2 gallons of milk, but while rustling around in the dark recesses of my 'fridge I unearthed some whipping cream that was out of date (do NOT ask, 'k? :lol:).....since lye doesn't care, and since it really doesn't matter in soap (seriously. I know a soaper that uses the leftover lamb-bar milk in her soaps....she picks out the hay, but it's been out in the barn all day long. Her soap is still fantastic - the lye eats all the bad stuff.) I decided to go ahead and use it (Man, is this a LONG sentence, or what? :lol:)
Anyway, it was all slightly sticky - which is to be expected with cream soaps. The first batch was 100% cream - it turned into soap on a stick when the lye hit. The rest of the batches I mixed in 20% goat's milk - it still solidified, but not as much. My cutter sliced right thru them - it was so nice to have 6 perfect bars with 1 "thump". (It's a Cumberland Multi-bar cutter - a wooden version of the Tank.) I really do wish I done this sooner - the lack of effort, and the time savings is well worth the cost!
I also did a double batch of shampoo bars.......all was great until SG de-molded them. Both molds popped the soap out too quick for him to catch - out of 24 bars, 6 are "ugly", and, therefore, MINE. :lol: Slight dings, flat areas - I don't care. It still works!
The kids are glued to the TV, watching the news with the hopes our district will close. Our county/city offices have closed (we live in the County Seat)....so they have high hopes. :snicker: