1. As of right now, we haven't heard from Mike. Figures. SG has already checked with the County, and we know what we have to do to serve Mike. Small Claims court = no attorney fees, just filing and serving fees. The JP seemed......happy to discuss our situation. (Funny story, but I'll tell it later. Suffice to say that I am glad we live in a small town, where the elected officials like to keep the constituents happy. Happy constituents = votes. :nods:)
2. I have a spotless milk room! The kids cleaned it yesterday - NOT for Mother's Day, although I've claimed it as my present - and they did a FANTASTIC job.
3. Since it's too hot to weave, I've been planning future projects. I think I'm going to wind the warp for my color gamp today; I also need to wind for placemats and more dishtowels. I'm trying to get ahead of the game - the more warps I have ready to go, the faster I can WEAVE. I love the whole process, but I gotta admit, warping is the most boring part.
4. We're officially DONE with school for the "year". Since the kids go to Granny's sometime in June, and I don't want to start something only to drop it for 2 weeks, we've gone to bare bones. Math is continuing, as is Art Appreciation. Hebrew is review; Latin is Minimus, so we're continuing that - it's easy and fun. Science will be experiments and Teaching Company lectures (I want to start "Meteorology" this week). History is still the British Monarchs book. The rest.....is on hold. Once the kids are home from Granny's, we'll start the "new" year.
5. Baby goats are growing like weeds! Chell can run now, and hop - but she can't stand on her back legs to reach for stuff. ALL of them have started nibbling on hay/grass/trees, which is good. They're still ignoring the pellets in the stall.....but I'm hoping they'll start eating them soon. Get those rumens going!
Speaking of baby goats - I gotta go bottle feed them again. That's my life right now....bottles, bottles everywhere. :lol:
This entry was originally posted at http://fiberaddict.dreamwidth.org/687439.html. Please comment there using OpenID.