Sister Sword of Desirable Mindfulness (fiberaddict) wrote,
Sister Sword of Desirable Mindfulness
fiberaddict

Coming up for air....

Still have 6 checks to do...but I should be done by tomorrow. Hope so - the office is closed for a week starting, well, tonight - and I wanna take some time off, too! We did a TON of work last week - Cyn counted: approx. 500 checks were coded, entered, and posted, NOT counting the ones I do in spreadsheet form for uploading (50+; they take longer, because we have to manually enter every. single. line into the spreadsheet. :sigh:)

Anyway. Besides that, I was busy in the hand-work department (gotta do SOMETHING creative to keep my sanity!). SG's socks are *finally* almost done (2 rows to go, and I can kitchener off the toe of #2! :huzzah!:), AND.....I got busy.

While cleaning, I came across...some...abandoned - wait, call them postponed - projects. Yes, I have multiple projects going at the same time...some get dropped because they're boring, some because they're too fiddly to carry around - many reasons. Anyway.....

I had bought a cute project bag a while back. It got hot chocolate spilled on it, and needs washing (but I can't until I finish the blasted sock, because I stupidly ran the yarn thru the latch; yes, it keeps it from tangling so much, but it means that the project is STUCK in the bag until you're done. Unless you cut the yarn....which I don't want to do.) I was looking at it, thinking about how much I like the bag, but don't want to pay $36 for another one (this one was on deep discount; I think I spent $12 on it.), plus I'm not really fond of silk taffeta as a drag-around bag. So I'm looking at it, wondering if it'll survive the wash...when I heard "Make one!". Um...OK. I did a pretty quick search, and no one has a pattern for a bag this shape....so, I drafted one. And I dug out some fat quarters, and I made me a bag. Which turned into 8....and now 10. :lol:

I now have a bag for (almost) all my in-progress projects, and some bags in the gift pile. Herself wants one (with modifications) to carry current beading projects, and I had an idea this AM to make one (again, with mods) as a First Aid kit for the goats. The great thing is, I'm using stash fabrics, so the cost is $0.00 - AND I'm using fabrics that I wouldn't use for anything else (MIL gave me most of her fat quarter stash a few years ago; she likes the '40's calico prints, and I...am not so much a fan. But they work great for this.)

Here's a pic:

knitting project bag

Approx. 45 minutes, start to finish, and...a little more than 1/2 yard of fabric (because it's fully lined, with a pocket on the outside.) Not too shabby - and now my projects are neatly contained! (Why yes, this one DOES already have a new sock project in it....I needed something for the doc. appointment yesterday, and SG's sock was too close to being finished to carry out. The other sock I found is too fiddly...so I had to start a new one. Ah, well...:lol:) I've been knocking 1 out a day....but I'm near the end, I think - good thing, too, because now I need to KNIT the projects that are in the bags!

Cheesemaking has been occurring, too..but that's boring. Gotta skitter - we're almost done with our Science book, and I wanna wrap it up. Biology is up next - should be fun!

This entry was originally posted at http://fiberaddict.dreamwidth.org/766999.html. Please comment there using OpenID.
Tags: blather, knitting, sewing
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 0 comments