Because this was a VERY busy weekend!
We woke up to 27* on Saturday. Poor Sam was *freezing*, and I had to do something. Friday I had tried to buy him a new sweater, but there were none to be found around here. What to do?
Well, I hit the craft department and found a pattern for a dog coat (I wanna call my new business "Dog Togs", because it just rolls off the tongue so well. :lol:), and some nice-looking fleece in colors that would look nice on Sam. I got home and traced off the pattern (because it's multi-sized, and I was hoping it would fit at least 3 of our dogs), then tried to tissue-fit Sam.
See, he's a McCall's "small"....sort of. I had to add 4" to the drop, and 2" to each of the front straps. Anyway...
Saturday AM I cut out the coat and whipped it up. It fits - really well! Only, Tigger looked at me, all cold and sad......so I measured her. Seems that the modified small fits her exactly. I dug out some denim scraps and whipped *her* up a coat (it has a fleece lining to keep it warm)
Then Loki got in on the "poor me" act...I don't have a photo of his coat, but it's a heavily modified Large (an aside: WHAT breed of dog is McCall's using for their sizing? Sam is small...fat, but small. Tigger...should be a small without any modifiers. Loki? I'd call him a Medium. Instead he's a very heavily modified Large - I had to add 2" to the end, and *8"* to the drop. The straps work with the addition, but the neck needs to be re-done; he's got such a broad chest that it doesn't really fit right.) It's also denim with a fleece liner.
Sunday AM I started dyeing yarn. My knitting mojo is still MIA, but my fingers are getting twitchy. (It's the current in-progress sock. I started it in the hospital, and the yarn colors are unfortunate.) There are 2 socks I really want to get to (errr....well, there's more than that in the queue, but..these 2 I *really* want to start.)...another pair of Yaacov for *me*, and Quantum Paratsox by the late, great Tsock Tsarina (her ideas about sock-knitting were innovative. And wild! She will be missed!). Only, Quantum Paratsox is a kit, and the yarn colors....are NOT going to be worn here in Dallas Cowboys territory (think Washington Redskins. :shudder: Not gonna happen! :lol:)
So. I fired up the dye pots, and ended up with this:
Bonus points if you get the reference to the colors. :rofl: (Think gaming. "You look so majestic, like an Eagle. Piloting a blimp." :snicker: "How are you holding up? Because I am a potato." :rofl:)
Then I pulled out 2 double sock blanks and started painting.
*IF* I figured it right and IF I painted the stripes the right widths, I'll end up with no overlaps. :fingers crossed: We'll see....
(You remember Yaacov, right? Here, let me refresh your memory:
The yarn needs to have long stripes, and the crazier the colors, the better.) Yes, there are some blips and bleeds, but...I think this'll work. The colors are a LOT brighter than what my phone shows!
Then I sat down at the sewing machine and whipped up a cover for Herself's iMac:
:shakes head: She chose the fabric. It's her current obsession......one of the joys of living with an Aspie. I am going to go nuts.....it's MLP, all the time. :shudder: I've seen worse shows, but......the voices! The voices are annoying!
Today was a bit boring - I traced off my bombacha pattern. I'll whip up a wearable muslin this week...here's hoping! I've wanted some bombachas for *years* (from 1994!), and...now's the time. Then maybe my mojo will be back and I can bang out some new socks. I am always in need of new socks!
This entry was originally posted at http://fiberaddict.dreamwidth.org/860624.html. Please comment there using OpenID.