Sister Sword of Desirable Mindfulness (fiberaddict) wrote,
Sister Sword of Desirable Mindfulness
fiberaddict

More photos!

Today was a wash - we had to run to Granny's. :sad: She fell Sunday evening, and finally called 911 at 2 AM Monday. Spent the rest of the night at the ER; got home and called us at 3-ish Monday afternoon. We had to do some shopping for her, and Himself did some honey-do's. :sigh: She's started a quilt for Herself - I told Herself that if Granny couldn't finish it, I would. I took photos of the layout, so I can make sure it's how Granny would have done it....I really hope I don't have to step in.

Anyway. Been busy Sunday and yesterday making new covers for our dress forms. I went to Bootstrap and bought the basic block woven dress for both Herself and I, in our measurements. I debated a bit, then cut the "real" fabric - this is a cover, I'm not going to do draping (I have no interest in it, honestly), so if I had to add seams/whatever, it'd be OK.

The dresses fit almost like a 2nd skin, which is what I wanted. I needed to repaid my form, and pad her's, so....I needed these to be like, well, US. :lol: I did have to add a couple of seams under the busts, because...these were supposed to be dress blocks, not dress form covers. :rofl: Here, have some photos:

First up, Me (Kat):

dressform front

dressform side

dressform back

And Herself's (Dolly):

dressform C front

dressform C side

dressform C back

The fabric is from the great $1/yard caper. :lol: I ran zippers up the backs, to make it easy to open up and repad if necessary. They're coat zippers - it's all Wallyworld had. (SG was confused - "Why...um....the zipper's BROWN. And..isn't this a bit...short? And...tight?" :sigh: I had TOLD him what I was working on. :lol:) The bottom has elastic run thru a casing - I need to pull both a little tighter, but they work for now. The armholes are just covered by fabric circles - I can't decide if I want to sew them to the cover, or not. And I haven't decided if I need to cover the neck, or not......

And - they MATCH us. Eerily so! I dialed both forms down to the smallest they'd go, then padded them up with polyfill quilt batting. They are both now pinnable - a plus! (The wrinkles at the bottom are from the elastic pulling. I've pulled them taught-er, so there are fewer wrinkles now.)

I used Herself's Bernina to sew her cover up. It's NICE. I still prefer my Singer, but.....she's actually wanting to sew, now, because it's so QUIET. (The Singer is nice, but it has a bit of a growl to it. The Bernina? Hums. She prefers it.) I need to print out a manual for it - the needle seems to be on the right, and it threw me off. I can't figure out if it's moveable or not. Herself doesn't care, but...I do. :lol:

Tomorrow is a make-up day for school. Herself wants to make some halter tops, so I need to help her trace off her size and work up a muslin. :heehee: I need shorts, but she needs to get comfortable with her machine.

Gotta get ready for bed - laters!

This entry was originally posted at http://fiberaddict.dreamwidth.org/872371.html. Please comment there using OpenID.
Tags: blather, family, pictures, sewing
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 0 comments