Let's see.....Monday, the last of the family left. I took the kids over to FIL's, did a bit of puttering for him, then headed home. SG and I went out and got the ceiling fan for my Studio, then had dinner, then started getting ready for bed...and the phone rang.
FIL got out of breath, panicked, got worse, and called 911. The paramedics took him to the ER...at 9 PM. So. I made a lot of phone calls, to see a) what was going on; and b) to see if he was going to be admitted or not. At 11;45, they decided they weren't going to keep him...so I hit the road. :sigh:
At 12:15, Himself called - the ER sent FIL home in a cab. :bangs head: I was...well, I was flying pretty low, so I kept going. I knew he'd need prescriptions, and he's not allowed to drive (per my SIL) right now. I got there a few minutes after he did, set him up for another breathing treatment, and watched him go into a panic attack AGAIN.
The Lord gave me the brilliant idea to make him a cup of tea. Honey/Lemon/Ginseng, to be exact. Yes, I KNOW it doesn't really do anything...but the entire process gave him something to concentrate on, and his panic attack receded and his breathing returned to normal. (I have since bought him 2 full boxes of the tea. :lol:)
I finally got to bed at 2:15 AM...and promptly woke up at 6. :sigh:
I got home and puttered around the house until 7 PM. then crashed and slept until 5:30 Wednesday morning....when I had to go back to take FIL to his doctor.
Yesterday I took Mom to get her car A/C fixed...and today? Today I am HOME. :sigh:
I painted most of the trim on the Studio, I've done a load of laundry, I've tidied up a bit...and now I am attempting to print some curtain rod holders. :lol: I have the curtains almost done......by sewing a little bit every evening. The Electrician started last night, and said he'd be done today (any bets??? :rofl:); we plan on insulating and panelling this weekend so he can come back Monday to put in the fixtures. Then we wait on the carpet (paid for yesterday....said they'd start in 2 weeks.) I have requested a bid from our plumber to trench from my Studio to SG's workshop (for the underground electric.....yes, I COULD rent a ditch witch myself and SG could do it...but I know how it'll go. I'll rent it, he'll start, his back will go out, and I'll be out the money with no trench to show for it - I do NOT have the strength to operate it, and Himself is at FIL's for the next week or so.)
Anyway - things are looking up, at least a little. Thank the Lord for that!
This entry was originally posted at http://fiberaddict.dreamwidth.org/875747.html. Please comment there using OpenID.