Let's see.....ALL the fiber has been moved into the Studio. The Pie Safe was emptied, moved, scrubbed, repainted, scrubbed again, then set into place and filled. All the spinning kates have been scrubbed and waxed.....:whew:
Yesterday we went hunting for the last 3 bead board panels. Home Depot had some, but we also hit the Salvage place. They had bead board.....and we had a great idea for the top of my cutting table.
The original plan had been a table 6' x 4'. SG talked me into changing it to 5' x 6'...until yesterday. I had been going to buy 2 30" doors for the top; metal plates to screw them together, sand and paint the top. The Salvage place was too expensive, door-wise; the salesman suggested a countertop. However...a countertop the size I wanted (even mis-matched)...was going to be MORE than the cabinets were. Hmmm....SG asked about laminate, they had some.....for $15/sheet. $15 for a sheet of MDF.....and I'm back to a 6' x 4' top.
Only.....we went to Home Depot today to pick up the bead board (they were $1/sheet cheaper)....and they had a 3/4" MDF board with laminate on BOTH sides...for $35. No paint, so seams....just a lovely, slick 1 piece top. :lol: Yes, we bought it....and SG is building the shelves right now. :rofl:
I also knocked out a futon cover - 2 Queen-sized sheets and 30 minutes of sewing, and voila! A pretty, easy to remove, cover.
It was busy, but a good weekend. I'm hoping to get the loom uncovered and moved this week....the electrician is supposed to be out on Wednesday...we'll see. :lol:
This entry was originally posted at http://fiberaddict.dreamwidth.org/878458.html. Please comment there using OpenID.