Let's start with Herself's new clothes, shall we?
First up, the Lobster dress:
This was her 2nd dress, her first BY HERSELF. She bought the collar pattern off of Etsy.....the blouse is the only thing she didn't make herself.
She then tackled the "Little Betty" dress by Tea & Treadle. Yes, I am naming names. This pattern.....is NOT well-written. Steps are confusing, and the underskirt instructions are wrong. (This is the same vendor we attempted before - that dress is still wadded up, because the yoke does NOT fit in the bodice. It's 2" too tall.)
This is the dress-from-Hell. It took both of us to figure out what we were supposed to do, and honestly? We ended up winging a lot of it. The resulting dress is cute, but......yeah, we're not buying from her again.
I pulled out a tam pattern for her; I think it makes the outfit. :lol:
This one she JUST finished (it gets its first bath today!). It's a mash-up of the Simplicity pattern she's been using, and the McCall's "Mannequin" pattern. I think it turned out beautifully!
She's going to work on a matching bonnet for it today.
Now, moving on to my sewing....:lol: I bought some fabric from FabricMart, and went to town:
This is the Vintage Shirtdress from Sew Over It. I had enough fabric left over that I made a Libby Shirt (also from SOI)
Because I was on a roll, I made Mom a Vintage Shirtdress, too, from some gingham she had dropped off:
(no back photo...but ehh. It's the same as mine, but gingham. :lol:) I DID put buttons on it - I forgot to snap a photo after it was finished; this was an in-progress shot for Mom.
I then decided to try StyleArc's Vivienne dress:
(front is for Mom; the back is mine. I...don't know why only have one side of each, but.....:shrugs:
This is an interesting pattern - there are no side seams. It's.....different. Comfy, but...I'm not sure how I feel about it.
I then tackled the StyleArc Montana dress.
It's...OK. I'd like more swish in the skirt, but it works. I have enough fabric left for something - maybe another Vintage Shirtdress? I dunno.....
And, last up is a "work" shirt I whipped up. I, um....made the design decision that the embroidery looked better on the wrong side of the fabric (IOW, I screwed up when I hooped the fabric. :rofl:)
I went back and added some waist ties to the Montana, and also to the Nova and Clementine dresses from last month. It pulls in the waist just enough to give it a bit of shape. Also, none of these dresses have pockets :gasp!: because the fabric just isn't hefty enough to support them. I want wearables, so having unusable pockets makes no sense.
I need to make a few more simple woven tees, then I should be good. I need to start on pants for Himself.....I have the fabric, just need to sit down and sew.